This committee plans our fundraising and social events .
It helps the Board of Trustees with the day-to-day running of HOPE.
We aim to hold meetings approximately once every 2 months. Richard, our Garden Manager, also comes to the meetings and reports on what is happening in the garden and shop. Where possible one of the Trainees comes with him.
Please note that this is not a management or leadership committee. The management of HOPE is the responsibility of the Board of Trustees.
How you, as a new volunteer, can make a difference
- Our organisation was set up by 3 volunteers 22 years ago. Today, although we have a garden manager and two part-time gardeners, volunteers still play a huge part in everything we do
- You can help us to continue to do what we set out to do
- We are committed to HOPE – and your contribution will make a difference
How you will benefit
- give a little, gain a lot
- put your skills to a good cause
- keeping active
- meeting new people
- gain new skills and experience
- improve your confidence
- learn to do things you may not normally get the chance to
- improve your health
- give your CV a boost
- help you feel connected
Take the next step/how to find out more
No previous experience is needed
Training is given and volunteers will attend monthly supervision sessions
We welcome applications from all sections of the community
The Chair of the Social Committee is Helen Fleming.
If you’d like to help as a volunteer or want more information about what’s going at HOPE.
For general enquiries e-mail email@example.com